When it comes to showcasing your home – less is more. People often think they need to paint, put new carpet down or replace the curtains before they put their home on the market. While these improvements help sell the home they won’t always get you the best ‘bang for your buck’. Here’s some simple, cost effective tips that will help you do a great job at showcasing your home to buyers.
- Let the light in. People love sunny, light homes. Make sure you pull up the blinds, draw back the curtains and flick on the lights.
- Maximise space. Put everything other than the essentials away. De-cluttering your home helps it look more spacious and therefore larger. Think of showhomes you have been to – do they have high chairs or clothes baskets out? Keep furniture at a minimal.
- Remove personal items. Buyers imagine themselves living in your home. Give them a blank canvas to work with.
- Keep it clean. This helps give the impression that it’s looked after and well maintained. Get those ugly marks off the walls, wash the windows – it all helps.
- Street appeal. This is buyers first impression so make sure it’s a good one. Tidy the gardens, brush away the cobwebs and mow the lawns. Make your house look inviting.